Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Epcot, Part 2

The two occasions that get me all teary-eyed are when I'm talking about my love for Kat, and when I'm moved by displays of patriotism. It's just the way I am. I do cry a lot at movies too. I'm just very emotional. I'm not a big flag-waver, and I can be critical, but still, I'm moved.


And I love music. So you can imagine how The Voices of Liberty in The American Adventure made me feel.

 
The show is actually pretty good, bringing out some conflicts in American history, though keeping it simple, entertaining, and uplifitng. I liked the cast of animatronic characters, including Benjamin Franklin, Mark Twain, John Muir, Frederick Douglass, and others.Very balanced for a Disney show.



Yes, she's the reason I eat the way I do. I'm not perfect at it, but she knows I'm doing my best.


Ooh, fife and drum music. I love a good rhythm, I love an emphasis on percussion.


While the beat throbbed in my gut, I enjoyed a Bud Light, and Kat had a pretzel. Though I've heard time and time again that Disney pretzels are vegan, she warned me that there was a buttery flavor to it, so I refrained. I've even heard that the popcorn there is vegan. In my decades of Disney-going, I've never been able to get a list of foods I can eat at Guest Relations, though they used to promise its availability in guidebooks. Sometimes it's hard to find the balance between sticking to the diet and trying not to be uptight about it.


Anyhow, that's only part 2. Still more to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment