Monday, January 17, 2011

Monster Garlic

I was a bit befuddled after returning from prehistoric times yesterday, so when we stopped at a roadside produce stand (pictures coming soon), I wasn't quite sure what to get. Right now, I'm making sauce for tofu lasagna using the eggplant we picked up, and I just broke off a few cloves of the garlic we also found. I was alarmed at their size.

They're big.

It was only when we got home yesterday that I noticed how odd the garlic's skin was, and I checked to see where it came from. China. Yep. Naively, I had just grabbed the little mesh bag, somehow hoping that the great diversity of foods offered there was all locally-grown. If I had paused to think for a moment...

So there it is. We have a lot of monster garlic. The garlic keeper  is overflowing. Who knows what they did to it to make it so odd. I don't want to know. I'm just going to use it up. And hope we don't start mutating into something frightening, something otherworldly.

No comments:

Post a Comment