Saturday, September 3, 2011

So I'm a Healer, Huh?

It's a funny thing that I brought chakras up earlier, because Kat and I just got back from a beach town's street festival, GeckoFest in Gulfport. It's a pretty liberal and hippie place apparently, and among the tents of tie-die, pottery,  and gay-rights merchandise was one in which a man read your chakras, or rather he had you do it yourself.

He made me stand over circles of each chakra's color and focus on them, one after another. Y'know, I could've just concentrated and told him all about it, but it was fun to play his game. The result? My third-eye chakra, Anja, the sixth one, is strongest. He told me that I can read people's auras and heal them using what I see. He said that I can just point at a chakra and make it better, and he sprayed something on my wrists to make me more effective at it.

Well fine. I mean, if I translate what he said into ideas that seem more universal to me, then yes, he's right. I've always been that way. I'm very empathetic, and I tend to want to use what I pick up to make repairs. People have come to me asking for some work, and of course I do my best. I dunno, it's just another thing that I have. I've been told that I should become a therapist, but the trappings of psychology, though very useful, can be limiting if relied on solely.

I'm not even sure about the objective existence of chakras, and honestly, I'm not sure that it really matters. A useful system for organizing and balancing personality is a useful system. If I visualize and it works, I don't need anything more. A prop like the spray can be useful too.

So from at least one perspective, I'm a healer. Not bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment