Saturday, September 3, 2011

The Chakras with Anodea Judith



Yes I know, this may make me seem very New-Agey, but I like it anyhow. I don't belong to the movement because it seems too Me-Generation and ego-centered to be truly spiritual, though I confess, it's appealing in some ways. I can't find the slightest hint of evolution toward an Age of Aquarius in the world around me, and I certainly think it's more likely that we're going though Hinduism's Kali Yuga, an age of degradation and spiritual deadness. The chakras are a Hindu idea after all. And a useful one for balancing the personality.

Whether you believe in its objective reality or not, the chakra system is useful.

I learned about chakras from Ms. Judith's well-known book, Wheels of Life, which is a common experience. I still have a soft spot in my heart for her version of things. Take what's useful to you and forget the rest.

A fellow does have to seek reinforcement for his beliefs, and this little film has inspired me more than once. I hope you enjoyed it too!

No comments:

Post a Comment