Friday, September 2, 2011

Fishing with Beer-Can Tabs

I wouldn't, but you can. Well... okay, if the government collapsed or something and we were all fending for ourselves, and especially if Kat were hungry, I would fish. And I just might go looking around for a tab to turn into a hook.

I really don't want to be a spoiled American when it comes to my diet. Since it's so easy for me to avoid animal foods because of the variety available just around the corner, I need to remind myself to remain flexible. It's not healthy to take luxury for granted. Some people in far off lands eat grubs or whatever because it's the only solid protein available. That's just life. I eat the way I do for greater reasons, but I'm not a perfectionist.

Anyhow, here's a fine little piece of survivalist DIY art, don't y' think? Click the pic to learn more.

Fish hooks made from beer or soda tabs

Kinda funny what you come across while looking up store-brand soda, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment