Friday, April 1, 2011

A Lamb? More Like an Ogre... or a Dragon.... a... Water-Breathing... eh... Well, You Know What I Mean...

The way March went out yesterday was pretty scary for the Bay Area, and this wasn't even a tropical storm! As Groucho says in The Cocoanuts, "Florida folks, land of perpetual sunshine. Let's get the auction started before we have a tornado." And we did have one, and a water spout too.

I was home, and I found all the Sturm und Drang pretty appealing, but Kat had to be out traveling in it. I was grateful when a new Facebook status popped up because it meant she was okay, though she was reporting the harsh conditions. Here's a little video she took with her phone; The clanging sounds are from boats in the marina to the right.


Here are some interesting news pictures, linked to their sites of course:


Tampa Bay Area storms, March 31, 2011


Tampa Bay Area storms, March 31, 2011


Tampa Bay Area storms, March 31, 2011


Yes, another one. Among many things, Florida is the Land of 1,000 Convenience Stores.

Tampa Bay Area storms, March 31, 2011


Ahoy there!

Tampa Bay Area storms, March 31, 2011


I know this ain't no tsunami, and I'm not sure that the video and pictures convey the terrors of the storm, but, well, it was pretty intense.

And that's the end of my story.

No comments:

Post a Comment