Thursday, April 14, 2011

Happy Death Day, President Lincoln

Yes, the man on the penny and the $5 bill was shot 146 years ago today. Why not post something about a resurrection of sorts? Mr. Disney "tampered in god's domain," as the immortal Ed Wood would have it, and here are some of the results.

Sorry about the black bars on either side of the video, but when I adjusted the height in the code, it shrank the actual video to a little box in the middle. I don't know if this is yet another impediment to embedding YouTube videos attractively. I still miss the changeable colors for the bottom bar.

Anyhow, the Lincoln stuff starts at 2:20.



You can check out the updates to the Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln show in this post.

By the way, did you know that President Obama himself did the voice for his Hall of Presidents figure? "They're robots. Well that's kinda cool." Hee hee! Should I be uncomfortable, though, that an American President is unfamiliar with something so quintessentially American, or maybe should I be relieved? I guess the never saw the TV special I posted above.

Oh well, never mind all that. Enjoy!



And here's a little making-of video.



How 'bout we end with a moral, just for fun?

"Learn from me, if not by my precepts, at least by my example, how dangerous is the acquirement of knowledge, and how much happier that man is who believes his native town to be the world, than he who aspires to become greater than his nature will allow." - Victor Frankenstein in Frankenstein by Mary Shelley.

No comments:

Post a Comment