Wednesday, March 9, 2011

The Florida Strawberry Festival, Part 1: Getting There

Something big has been going on in nearby Plant City, where one can apparently taste the flavor of fun, and since I'd never been to any event like it, we did some exploring. Traffic was backed up blocks away from the entrance, so there was a chance or two to catch some signs along the way. No matter how long I live here, I'll never tire of those little Southern gothic touches.

Hmmm... Roman 10-17. Is that anything like the Book of Romans?



Looks quiet on the outside, but...



Deee-luxe.



KJV only! Neato! Here you can probably find the kind of preaching that's so fascinating when you stumble upon it while playing with the radio. It has its own unique musical or poetic qualities. This deserves three pictures.







We made it!



I'm starting to get the idea that this whole visit will be characterized by a crumbling homemade quality. Sounds good to me!


More soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment